Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Headache, Netti Pots, and the Puppy Bowl

Gloomy Sunday....Super Bowl Sunday. I can never see the Super Bowl without thinking of my Dad who passed away in 1967. He never got to see a Super Bowl and he was so anxious to do just that. The man loved football and I figure that is where Josh gets it.....and also the love for mathmatics. Those genes totally skipped me for sure! My dad played football and was good at it in high school although he was better known for his basketball. My mom said she remembered seeing his name in the newspaper in relationship to basketball....she was younger and didn't meet him until she was in her 20's. Anyway, even so he LOVED football....and it was on the television all the time I was a kid. I wish he could have seen at least one Super Bowl.

Then my mom married another football lover. This time it was more about college football and more particular Penn State Football. Penn State is my favorite football team now as well....along with son, Josh. Where I went to school was not in a big league, so I went with the family team, Penn State. Even if my step dad hadn't gone to Penn State I would love them because of Joe Paterno. Joe is THE class act of college football......he loves the game and he expects his players to study hard and act honorably, but he extends grace to them when they screw up. He is just a great man....plus you gotta love the white socks. .....Anyway, my point is, (I know you have been wondering) I have seen my share of football. Just in the last couple years have I really tried to understand what it was all about....yeah, I am a little slow.

Poor Jim, I sent him to the drugstore to get me a Neti Pot...maybe it is Netti Pot. Sister Lori is all excited about them and I have this fierce sinus headache and wondered if that might help. You can see the use of the Neti pot on Youtube. Very attractive...hahahaha. Lori saw it on Oprah with Dr. Oz.

Jim is home.... he said they didn't have a Neti pot in Rite Aide or Walgreens. Hmmmm guess I will have to hit the wheat barn. At least the Rite Aide people knew what they were.

Sorry....can't do any more. Going to find a dark place and take some more meds! My head feels like it is coming off. Guess I will hit the BC powder. Later....

I am back........slept half the day away trying to get rid of this blasted headache. The headache is bad enough but it makes my stomach all upset and the nausea and stomach cramps make it worse....I know, TMI.

When I woke up Jim was watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal planet. We watched it last year and thought it was so cute. If you haven't seen this it goes like this.....they have a little football field with toys, water bowls (sunken in the end zone with glass bottoms and cameras underneath for shots of them lapping with their tongues.) and lots of different types of puppies. They rotate out different breeds. This year the wildest puppies were the bichon...like ours, fox terrier, and what appeared to be a coton (they look like a bichon but can have spots). It was funny to watch. We saved it on the dvr. Sophie actually stopped what she was doing and watched and cocked her head. The barking drew her attention. She watched for a couple minutes and then stated tearing around the house like a maniac. I know she wanted to be there. There was a little yorkie on there, too. She was the smallest but trying to jump all over the bigger dogs. She must have the little dog complex.

The Bucket List was a good movie....we recommend it to you all. The theater was packed when we went. Jim and I were in the same row, but not next to each other. So much for romantic date night....haha. When the people talk real low Jim can't hear what they are saying so I tell him. He did pretty well this time. There were only two lines he missed and I cleared those up on the way home. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are great in this, but I always enjoy movies with these guys in them. The movie does give you a lot to think about. At one point I was wishing Morgan Freeman would outline the plan of salvation....instead he just said, "I have faith."

Patriots just got a touch down! Dang! We are rooting for the Giants. Couch Young, the former Giants player who was our 7th grade PE teacher for years. (He retired two ....or maybe three years ago.) I wouldn't want Coach to hear I was "acting the fool" and rooting for Boston. Jim said the Giants don't appear to have the intesity they are gonna need to win this. But, then he has been wrong.....just a couple times. Go ELI!

Sophie, the puppy bowl dog....is sound asleep again. She races around her like mad and burns out pretty fast. She is either ON or OFF. hahaha....we laugh a lot at her.

2 comments:

Lora said...

We thought the "Bucket List" was all about grace. How about you? I believe they do have Netti Pots at the Wheat Barn. They are the latest & the greatest, but you also need to take a decongestant.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!