Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Numero Uno is the beagle, Uno.


After all the years of the Westminster Dog Show a beagle has never won until yesterday. Uno the 15 inch beagle is our champ this year. My first dog was a beagle/spaniel mix, Toby. A smart and fun dog. I am happy for Uno and his owner and for all the beagle owners. Snoopy and Underdog must be very thrilled. My older sister had a beagle who never lost his puppy looks named Poldy. Poldy...after Leopold Bloom one of James Joyce's characters. Poldy was a wild child, but the cutest little beagle I have ever seen. He jumped off my parents deck into the driveway... one story down and broke both his front legs. He had two casts on his front legs, but that didn't even slow him down. Poldy was totally fearless, which made him hard to train. I think Marcia gave Poldy away to someone who had a family. When she was working he was spending too much time alone.
We had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner tonight at the LaBlanc's. Delicious south LA gumbo!!! I will post some pics tomorrow. Night Night

1 comment:

Lora said...

My first beagle was Molly (after my Aunt Molly) and Scott's was Bill. Bill wore a collar that said "Bad to the Bone"-enough said. He died chasing deer-his favorite pasttime-they both ran in front of a car-the deer was faster.

GOOD FOR UNO!