Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sometimes if you DON'T snooze, you lose!

Jim was getting ready to leave for small group tonight and I fell asleep in the recliner. When he announced it was time to go I just couldn't do it. I felt totally knocked out and chilled to the bone. If I have learned anything living in this body for 53 years, when I am worn out REST. If I don't I will pay dearly with a nasty cold or worse. My mother was there to say "no" to where ever I wanted to go when I was like this. She could just tell by looking at my eyes, but now she is not here to run interference and I am doing it for myself. Jim left and Sophie and I slept until about 8.

I missed everyone, but felt a little more sane after a nap and a hot bath. (I felt cold all day!) I also had time to tweak my lesson for tomorrow. I am being observed. I heard the teachers talking about it being "their year" to be evaluated. Lucky for me it is written into my job description that librarians are evaluated yearly. I guess it is payback for not having 25 students 6 periods a day. I pray it goes well. I am using the SMART Board and whenever Technology is in play there is that possibility of disaster. First thing today my lap top crashed plus my library aides were both absent so I had to run and deliver tvs out to the new building and get back before the first hour class arrived. I had to scramble and find another lesson while I figured out another way to hook to the internet. Always something! The lap top "they" let me have had already been through two teachers and was from 2000 (and nobody wanted it) so it was no surprise it bit the dust, but still it was a pain. I am just glad it didn't happen when I was being observed.....although, real life does have a way of interjecting itself. Sometimes showing how you juggle stuff like that demonstrates more about your ability to get things done....but nobody likes it happen when you are suppose to be at your best.

Here is another factor. For 19 years I slept alone in our bed....during the week. I am a light sleeper and I am not sleeping nearly as soundly as I am used to. Jim would think I was mad or something....but I am not. It is just the way it is. I am glad he has retired and is home all the time. It is so much nicer to come home to someone than to an empty house, but the down side is the sleep loss. I have vowed I won't be forced into the "guest" (Josh's) bedroom, but I might sleep on the sofa once in a while.

3 comments:

Lora said...

BC & I have always been in the same bed for all these years, but the fact of life are that we play musical beds many a night. Someone is snoring, someone has indigestion, someone is tossing & turning, on and on-it all goes with age. Most of the time if I get in the bed first and get to sleep, I can make the night. We actually laugh about the night roaming we do.

MISSED YOU FRIEND and all of your great comments!

Lora said...

How was your observation?

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hope you're feeling better!