Saturday, February 9, 2008

My head is finally clear....and could I have a side of cabbage with that oatmeal?

Big News! I got a Neti Pot. It looks just like this one below and I think it works well. My head is all cleared out...well, at least my sinuses. I am considering doing the Neti Pot thing once a day for a while. Go to Oprah's website and read about it. Dr. Oz says using it can alleviate sinus headaches, colds etc. I have always "snffed" salt water, but I have never totally cleaned out like this! Cool. I am a Neti Pothead.... that is what David Boersma called me. Dave has that Boersma flair with words. Seriously tho, give it a try! I heard my right ear crack while I was doing the drain and I can hear better out of that ear.

Spring has sprung.....I don't care what Punxey Phil had to say! Robins (tweeting and acting frisky) fill our yard and daffodils, aka, jonquils, are blooming abundantly. It was a beautiful day outside. I didn't spend much time outside as indoor chores needed to be done, but nontheless it was great to smell the air and to see the sun. (Those of you above the Mason Dixon Line, eat your hearts out!) We may have some more cold weather, but it won't be too much.

I have been watching the election returns and I am wondering if the man with the MOST liberal voting record in the Senate is going to be our next pres. Like I said I have nothing personal against any of them, but I do look at their voting records. I am worried to say the least. I went to the polls and cast my vote for Alan Keyes. He is my favorite candidate. I knew it would make no difference, but I just wanted to vote my heart. He is a wonderful Christian with a good moral foundation and has the same viewpoint as our founding fathers. He is brilliant. If you don't know Alan I invite you to check him out. http://www.alankeyes.com/ He may never be President, but he will inspire you and give you hope. I had the amazing priviledge to meet and speak with Mr. Keyes and he encouraged me to not give up hope....ever. We have God and therefore we have hope. He is more pure in his conservatism than Ronald Reagan and much more outspoken...if that is possible. A truely great American who always points to the savior as his strength. I am saddened that more Christian Americans didn't ralley behind him.

Jim is working on the building puting in the insulation. Next he will put some paneling over that. I am anxious to be able to load some stuff into the attic. I think I am going to order a few more space bags as I am not crazy about the humidity messing with stuff I put out there. Today I started cleaning out some closets and I put all my size 8 pants into one large "space bag" and sucked the air out of it. It is about two inches thick now and three ft. long. It will not take up hardly any space in the new attic. I also put my summer bed spread in one and some other bed throws. It is amazing how that all works. It was pretty thin, but HEAVY. We just need to keep out the moisture. I am not sure about electronics. I don't know if we need to be putting them upstairs....it will get very hot up there, I am sure. Jim had two windows and two vents put up there to let out the heat. I sure hope that helps. I think he may get a wall air conditioner to turn on when he is working out there in summer. This time of year is perfect for opening the doors and working out there.

Sophie made a new friend today....Machi Boersma, the Pekinese. They ran and played and played and ran and played. Their tongues were hanging out, but they we having a great time. Otto, Machi's brother, really wasn't into it and he had to sit on David's lap and watch. Jake, the pug lumbered into his bedroom and retired all the while shaking his head and wondering if the world hasn't gone to hell in a hand basket. Gotta love Jake....he has seen a lot of troubles in his days and these foolish kids romping and playing is more than he can take. Kids!!!

Back to those size 8 pants... I wonder if I ate mostly cabbage and oatmeal if I could get into them. Haha.... Introducing the new amazing Cabbage and Oatmeal diet! Yum!! You heard it here first, folks.







2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You could do your own infomercial: Tired of fad diets that don't deliver results? Tired of dreaming about your old pants stored away in the attic... too small to be worn? Then try......The new Debbie Cabbage/Oatmeal Dieat!

Lora said...

I would definitely lose weight since I don't like cabbage or oatmeal. SKIN & BONES! This is the time to begin the walking routine. Why not try to get Helen out to walk when someone is with Dr. Dale? WOULD DO YOU BOTH A WORLD OF GOOD!!!!!