Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winding down another weekend....

Sophie and I just had our nightly romp.....Mochi took my place last evening. Yes, my tongue is hanging out tonight. We have a hide and seek routine now. She is so much fun. She is becoming quite clever and can figure out my best hiding places. I have gotta find some new nooks and crannys to squeeze into.

I am sorta watching the Grammy Award show...actually I have DVRed it and am now just watching a little bit of each song. Tina Turner is pretty amazing looking for 68 and she is still doing her thing. Amazing! The Rapsady in Blue segment was awesome! I have always prided myself on knowing what is going on in music, but I admit I realy have not known in a while. I do know a few names out there. I like K.T. Tunstall, Fergie and Christina Aguilera has a wonderful voice....oh and Alicia Keyes. For a some time I didn't hear anything I really like for a while. John Mayer is good.... I don't buy too much music anymore. I think I might purchase the Ricky Scaggs and Bruce Hornsby collaboration as we saw them...and the Joni Letters by Herbie Hancock. It has such a variety of artists on it and I love the Joni songs....as I have said on this blog before. Jim likes that song by Feist. Do you know how amazing that is!? He never likes much of anything. It sometimes amazes me at the things he will decide he likes. I remember when he decided he really liked Sweet Home Alabama. I would never have guessed he would like that either. We are still trying to figure each other out after almost 30 years.

The weekend is over way too fast. I spent some time going through stuff in closets, doing laundry, and playing with Sophie the fun fuzzie...oh yes and some grocery shopping. Jim put the insulation up in the barn and put skirting around the bottom. Jim and I did get to visit with Dr. Dale and nurse Helen last night and it was obvious both were very tired. As they travel into unchartered territory coping with the ravages of ALS I covet your prayers for them and also for David and his family. Dr. Dale is not one to complain, but it is obvious this is extremely difficult and now without him able to utter a word it is tougher than ever. Thankfully, Dr. is able to communicate by way of a keyboard, but even that is difficult and most tiring. I can't even imagine... and I pray I never have to know. Friends and family can only do so much in instances like this so I am praying for the Holy Spirit to literally carry them at this time. I have seen evidence of His pressence in many of my visits, but I still feel compelled to pray for more help. Joy is not the same as happiness...it is just something that surprises us and gives us strength when we need it. It is the Lord's pressence. That is the help they need right now...and it is the help we all need. Also, pray for Barbara and her family in Indiana, Mark and his family who are far away in Africa, and Joanna and Donnie in Jackson. Also, for Dale's siblings. It must be awfully hard not to be able to be closer at this time. Thank you.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Our hearts are all burdened for our sweet friends. As the Psalmist says "Joy in the morning" will be my prayer. Weekends end WAY TOO QUICK!