Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mending on Wednesday

Ok....I am staying home from school tomorrow as I have gone into cough stage....and that is sooooo attractive especially when you cough so hard you almost gag. My poor aides. I was pretty cranky today too and I just don't need to be there in that state. My hubby is out in search of cough remedies and maybe a decongestant. Usually this stuff just has to run its course. In the last three years all my colds never really became full blown....but I am blowin like crazy now even while using the neti pot about once an hour. (Is there a Neti pot annonymous?)

Sophie is running around doing her cute doggie thing. She is so much fun...she sneaks up on her toys and then attacks....what goes on in her tiny doggie mind...(she is no border collie that is for sure)....then she stops and starts barking at me like hey, watch this, Mom! She tears around and hops and throws toys up in the air....now she is in her bed. She winds up and then runs out of gas and plop she down for a nap. She has been NEARLY sleeping all night....I guess I need to wake the wiley little beastie up, but I just don't have it in me.

American Idol is on the "idiot box"...that is what my dad always called the tv. I think he named it that because of the expression my sister, Julie and I had on our faces as we sat transfixed watching I Love Lucy. We both had allergies....so imagine two little girls breathing through their mouths with blank expressions. We were doing all our laughing on the inside....Anyway, American Idol just doesn't seem as good this year. I never started watching this pinnacle of culture until I had a dvr cuz you can watch almost two hours of Idol in about 30 mins....zooming through all the junk....commercials and sappy personal stories. Most times I can even listen to about half their song and get the "big idea" as Mr. Bates my biology teacher used to say. (Remind me to tell you about Mr. Bates who taught high school biology for about 60 years....I am not in the mood right now, but he has a street named after him back home and is quite memorable.) As I listen to these guys sing I wonder if America is holding out.....is this the best talent out there? Hmmmm......just doesn't seem quite as good as the year that Taylor Hicks won. I guess I half watched it last year. Jim HATES it....but then he hates most all tv shows. Unless they are building something, hunting something or arguing politics he could care less. I know I would have hated this stuff about 30 years ago....I was a purest then....no Barry Manilow for me, only super groups. I have mellowed A LOT.

Like Sophie, I too am out of gas. I am wondering where Jim is with my drugs...I hope whatever he brings me makes me sleep soundly. He said I was snoring to beat the band last night and Sophie let out one tiny little wimper and I stopped cold and sat up. A true Mom reflex....he said he couldn't believe it. I remember the time I was sound asleep in my dorm and my hamster tip toed across the newspaper on the floor by my bed and I heard it and immediately KNEW the critter had escaped once again. No, I never miss a thunder storm in the middle of the night.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another installment of "Caught in the Neti Zone". Oh good here comes my meds! Yippeeee!

2 comments:

Lora said...

"Momma Ears" is what I call it and I too still have them. Hear the key sliding into the lock at the other end of the house. SO SORRY you are sick. My cold drug of choice is "Robitussin with Decongestant". I HATE HAVING THE HACKS-but I can run and not cough a time-until I stop & then my lungs just about come up. Since you will probably not be at group tomorrow night, I say-Good Bye. We will give PA a kiss for you. I think the weather should be better when we get there-glad we are not going today!

Anonymous said...

Hope your meds work. Take it easy.

NY Yankee Fan