Friday, June 20, 2008

Auntie Deb says....

I drove Paulie and Hannah to see Kung Fu Panda....it was cute. Lots of action. We got to the theatre in short order, but got a tad bit lost on the way home, but it was nothing but a miniature disaster....mostly because Paul had baseball practice....he had to eat his dinner in one gulp, but he was not too late!

Paulie playing "Smoke on the Water" for his Auntie Deb. He is a regular Renaissance man.

Hannah in the mudroom/office making her list of items she wants to take to Florida. She and Paulie are going to their grandparents and going to spend a week at Culinary Camp. How fun is that?! Paulie just wants to know how to make pancakes so he can eat them whenever he wants to.

I have been spending time here in NJ getting reacquainted with my niece and nephew. They are growing into very interesting people and they amaze me. Paul plays guitar and Hannah is a regular Van Cliburn on the piano. They also got their report cards and I am happy to say these guys are both A students. Hannah reads, reads, reads.....Paulie doesn't read as much, but then that is typical for boys. He loves to read about WW II in bed at night. You can tell they are readers by their command of the language. I am very proud of these young critters.
I have met a lot of Lori's friends who are popping in to see how she is. They are warm and caring and I feel like I know them already after hearing Lori talk about them so much.

Sister Lori is having a tough time not talking....she is not suppose to talk, but I can relate......really..... I know it is hard for you to believe that. I have been down stairs and Lori and I are talking on the computer to each other. It is the perfect solution!!! She gets tired and her throat is sore and her neck aches. She is anxious to get this bandage off....all the tape is driving her nuts. She can't turn her head so she walks around looking like a real stiff....

Joe is having a boys night out tonight. His buddies firmly told him they were coming to get him. I think after the week he has had will be good for him to get out for a couple hours. He works three jobs and keeps this house spotless....plus sitting in hospital waiting rooms almost all week. He is pacing around here saying he really needs to be going to bed instead. I bet he will not be gone too awfully long. We are all trying to stay away from Lori so she will have nobody she can talk to. She does it without thinking. She is in sales....communication is her business so this is so hard.

Guess I will sign off for now. Tomorrow ought to be a good day. I think Paulie has a baseball game. I am not sure if I am going. I don't think Lori is up for that...also I think she may be tempted to scream out....so she had better not go.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I didn't know Paulie was interested in WWII. I need to show him the things I have that were his Uncle Lee's.