Monday, June 23, 2008

Just a taste.....

Here is a picture of their church....which as I mentioned before is from Revolutionary War days and has Minute Men buried under the bricks out front. Revolutionary War history comes to life in this neck of the woods. Joe has some interesting facts and even family members who were involved. (Jim does, too.) I guess Hannah can join the (DAR) Daughters of the American Revolution some day!! That is too cool!
This is Laura...she picked me up and took me to church. She has a music studio and teaches piano. She is a transplanted Bama girl....along with Gabriella. Her mom played in Peter's Rock. What a darling girl!

This is Deb, another inspiration to Lori and her daughter, Amanda.
Drummer, Joe and Singer, Lori
Peter's Rock
Gail, another of Lori's friends who sings with her in Peter's Rock, came by today with her two lovely daughters. Like all of the women I have met on this trip she was nice, funny, and loves my sister. It is so good to know she has such great friends here. Getting involved with this music ministry has been a blessing to those in the group and also those who get to hear them. I am hoping to hear them sometime. Hopefully Lori will be able to sing better than ever. Her doctor sure took pains to preserve her voice. She will have to invite him to a concert.

If you click on the video below....remember to go turn off the music on the side of my blog so you can hear them.

Gail brought some Italian Ice and I am looking forward to just a taste of some of that after dinner tonight. Joe is going to make Broccoli Raab. I have been hearing about that forever. I have never found it in a grocery store in Louisiana.
Gail is the singer in the lime green. This video is over a year old and her hair is totally different. It is straight and shoulder length. Anna, the girl who is going away to Vasser is in the pink.
















3 comments:

Lora said...

Who sings Alto? Nice harmony.

Deb said...

Lori was singing alto...sometimes she sings saprano...depends.

Just say Julie said...

I would love running around to all the historical sites. Looks like you enjoyed your time there.