Monday, June 9, 2008

WAITING for the phone to ring!

This morning, little sister Lori went under the knife for a problem with her thyroid. It was suppose to start at 8 am and last approximately three hours. It is now five hours and none of us...Julie, Mom, or I have heard a thing from Joe. Joeeee! Please call!!! I know everything is probably fine, but we sure would like to know 100%. I may have to break down and call his cell phone.

Another friend of mine had surgery and I know she got through it just fine and is doing ok. It will take time to recover, but she will be fine.

I was going to go to school today, but I am thinking I may skip today. I just want to hear the words that she is doing fine....

Lori's biggest concern was her voice. She knew there was a chance her vocal chord nerves could get messed with and she loves to sing...always has and now she is singing in a praise band and she loves that. She kept saying she didn't want to sound like Suzanne Plashette (of Bob Newhart fame) who smoked for years and had a gravely sounding voice.

Mom just called and said Joe called a couple minutes ago and Lori is out of surgery and that is all he knows. He doesn't know if they took part of her thyroid or all of it....he will call back later. That is a relief! I just wondered what was taking so long. Lori will be spending the night in the hospital....that is a miracle to me as I didn't think you could stay in a hospital over night anymore as insurance won't allow it. Jim was so out of it after his eye surgery he could hardly walk but Josh, Randi and I had to get him to a hotel room. It is a crazy world we live in isn't it?!

Well, now that I know she is alive I feel better. Now I want to know the rest of the story as Paul Harvey always says. I am praying they found no cancer and she was ahle to keep half of her thyroid.....and also that she is still able to sing praises to her Lord!

It is hard to be soooo far away.....

1 comment:

Lora said...

Debbie-they may need to monitor Lori overnight since your thyroid is closely related to your heart regulation as well as other important things. Praying all is well!