Monday, June 2, 2008

June, FINALLY!!

This is the library last year at this same time!!!!! Wow, what a year!!!! It is loaded up full again and I can't believe we actually took everything out and put it all back....and I lived to tell it!!!!


School is out...well technically. I am still going there, but the good thing is that I am NOT going at 7:30! Yippeeeee.. I went about 9 am this morning and came home about four. I am ordering magazines for next year, and ordering some books, weeding...that is hard for a pack rat like me to do....and just checking the shelves and trying to figure out what areas are weak and need to be pumped up.

I am also trying to figure out what color accoustic tiles would look best in the there. I don't think it really matters what I think cuz the principal will order what he wants. It will probably end up camo colored....you watch!

So for now I have not been doing anything too blog worthy..unlike blog bud, Lora who has been traveling the north east....although did visit with the Boersams on Sat. and also attended two wedding showers this weekend and next Sat. we will travel to Pineville, LA for a wedding. It is that time of the year and I do love seeing people I have not talked to in a long time. Randi's cousin, Anna, will sing at the wedding in Pineville and that will be a treat. She is an "old" married lady now, too. She has been married just over a year.

As for Samoftikins...(the O is long)...aka Sophie....I am sad she will be locked in the bathroom for the whole day. It will be alright, but it hurts my heart that she will think we have left her. They are like little babies and to just shut her up for 7-8 hours...well, it seems heartless. She lived through it before and suspect she will again. I keep thinking of the dogs tied outside on short ropes in the hot sun and thinking....she has it made in the shade...but it isn't helping. Every night when we go to bed we shut her in her carrier and that is hard, too. We just think it is the best plan, but when we take her outside around 3:00 to do her thing we sometimes let her on the bed after cuz we know she is "safe" for several hours. When I wake up she is usually in the crook of my knees or next to me....with both ears turned inside out. She looks like a baby polar bear without her ears...which usually look like little pig tails. She sure is fun to have around. It is hard to imagine her not here. Jim is just as smitten ....although he acts like this nusance of a critter is driving him nuts. I see him when he doesn't think I am looking and he likes her just as much as I do.

I will write a real post soon...hahaha...just not in the mood to "compose" I guess. It summer time and I am gonna take it a bit easy.....I want to READ the books that look so alluring all year. A couple books stayed checked out all the time and now it is my turn to see what all the hub bub is about!

1 comment:

Lora said...

HURRAH FOR NO SCHOOL! Time to recharge the batteries, rest, recoup & ENJOY! When are you leaving for PA?