Sunday, June 22, 2008

NJ is a so pretty...

Check out their hosta by their mail box! WOW! It is just beautiful!
Here is a pic of the new sun room from the outside. The patio at the bottom is outside the "basement". It has a stone fire place that is so pretty......and a oak bar with ten stools.... an alcove perfect for a band. This house is a great place to entertain and Lori and Joe both love doing that.

Aunt Debbie saying goodbye to the kids.



Anna and Susan from "Peter's Rock", the Praise Band Lori and Joe belong to. They missed Lori's singing with them this AM. I am praying she will be singing again in a couple months.

I think when people think about NJ they think Camden or Newark. Yes, there is the grimy aspect, but for the most part there are a lot of neat little towns, farmlands, and horse farms. It is very pretty here and I wouldn't mind living here. The ocean is close by....mountains are not too far off....and then there is always New York City which is fairly close.

I remember being surprise how quickly we got to the city when Lori and Joe took me there in 2003. I didn't expect to like it there, but enjoyed it very much. It is not something you want to do every day, but being close to a city like that definitely has its advantages. In 2003 we went to see Chicago on Broadway and it was great.....went to the Rainbow Room in the NBC building and wondered around the city looking at all the landmarks. Central Park is just gorgeous and Time Square is also very cool. One of the things I remember about New York was walking by the Pizzerias and smelling the garlic....yum! No wonder I loved being in New York!

This morning we all had to wake up early. As I have mentioned Paulie and Hannah were flying out this am to go to FL. I told them to make sure they got me some recipes from Culinary Camp. I just think that sounds like too much fun!!!! Paulie said he wasn't going to cook like "Bam"....that is what he calls Emerald. I knew immediately who he was referring. He and I seem to speak the same language. I sure wish I lived nearer to these kids.... although they are sooooo busy all the time I probably wouldn't see them all that much more than I do now.

Laura, Lori's good friend....who was born in Montgomery, AL and graduated from the University of Alabama....came and got me for church. It is such and old church....there are Minute Men buried under the bricks in front of the church. There is a lot of history around here. Yesterday we drove through Princeton which served as the Capital of the Colonies before moving it to Philadelphia. They had banners with info about that on the light posts. What a beautiful town! The Library there is AMAZING.....built from stone....like a castle. You can see it in the movie, A Beautiful Mind.

Anyway, we made a quick trip to Starbucks and then on to church. Lori's went to a going away party for Anna last night. Anna did the Baccalaureate speech in church today...there were several graduates honored at church today. Anna gave the most amazing speech telling the congregation what the church has meant to her over the years and thanked them for their mentoring and their love. It was very touching and so well written. She is going to Vasser. I was not surprised. Lori and Joe were right....she sings like an angel. I don't know how they will be replacing her!!

Lori just called they are coming home from the airport and the kids are safely on their way to FL. I know Gramma and Grampa are anxiously awaiting them at the Jacksonville airport. Paulie was getting cold feet last night but after Lori prayed with him and he calmed right down. He has flown many times before, but parents. He was hoping an older person would sit right next to him on the plane...he said someone like a grandma or something. He's a sweetie pie. They will both have great time I am sure.
Here comes Lori and Joe...all for now. Marcia and Sean are coming and bringing dinner at 3:30 PM. It will be great to see them, too.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Culinary Camp? WOW-where do I sign up? Miss you-MISS DEBBIE!

Unknown said...

Deb, Well, today I learned that I am a celeb now in "Looziana". thanks for posting that not so very attractive picture of me-- :)Well, I am sad that you had to return home, your visit was too brief. It was wonderful to meet you and I am so happy that you could be here for Lori. I know that it meant so much to her that you were here.God is so good, all the time, and today we are just rejoicing in Lori's total healing.Praise God. I hope you can make it back to New Jersey soon, Sincerely ,Deb