Monday, June 30, 2008

Mother Always Knows Best!

Gosh, guess I got off easy! (She must have been going 4.5 mph!) Treadmills can be hazardous to your health if you are trying to multitask ....thankfully these are not my legs, but I guess treadmill accidents aren't really funny...unless you just look really dumb like I did and don't have any physical evidence later.... (I am never gonna hear the end of this one!)




I was just fine...talking to my Mom and reading Better Homes and Gardens while walking on the treadmill at the fitness center. I saw a dessert with blueberries, cream cheese, and coconut picked up the magazine to show her and I guess I stopped or miss stepped or something and the next thing I knew I fell on the stupid thing and went sailing off the back. WOOOOSHHH...Bam! Oh my gosh. hahaha...there were about five people in there so it wasn't so bad, but it was embarrassing. I get laughing so hard every time I start thinking about it though.....my parents keep making cracks. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I was scrambling to stand back up and get back on and it wasn't working. I think I was on auto pilot and when you fall you just get right back up... well, you can't do that on a treadmill. My mom can't even talk about it without laughing hysterically. I just wish I could see it on rewind. Where is Big Brother when you need a good laugh.

You reap what you sow....when best friend and I were in 9th grade we went to the county fair fun house and we had to walk through this huge barrel....while it was spinning at a pretty good clip. Well, I figured it out and walked like my hamster in his wheel and just moved sideways across the barrel and made it safely to the other side without any trouble, but then Joni got in the barrel and was spinning around like a tee shirt in a dryer...sorta riding up the side and rolling down to the middle...over and over. Well, I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. (Well! It looked hysterical!) Anyway, I think she was always mad at me for laughing at her and letting her flail around before I got in to try and do something......so what goes around, comes around and now I am feeling her pain.

So at least my day was educational! I have learned that you need to be careful trying to read a magazine, drool over dessert pictures, talk to your mom, and walk 3.5 miles per hour. Mom kept saying, "You better becareful, Debbie!" I didn't listen any better than I did when I was a teen... and again I paid dearly. Whether you like it or not, Mother always knows best!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that - was the desert worth it. Hello to everybody there miss youall. Quiet here Jo's pug is so cute and Jake likes her. Dale is sleeping and I will go for a hot bath and then to bed perhaps to sleep. Have a good time-enjoy the day.

JoAnn said...

Debbie you got that right my darling daughter. Mommie knows best. Well most of the time. Sure was funny. tee hee Just glad you didn't get hurt.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Wish I could've seen that. I once saw someone slip on a banana peel. Just like in the cartoons. You could've been on AFV.

NY Yankee Fan

Deb said...

NY Yankee Fan...I wish I could have seen it, not lived it. haha

Just say Julie said...

That made me laugh. I learned that I can't read and walk on the treadmill at the same time a few years agao. I just don't concentrate like I need to. I actually ended up with a bloody lip from hitting the belt :)After that I switched to the bike... it can't throw you!