Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane.....


I don't care for this pic of the plane...it is going the wrong direction...but it was the best Delta pic I could fine. I am going east not west unlike friend Julie who made her first trip to California this week. (hope you are having a great time, Julie!)

After MUCH angst and arguing with the Delta people for probably 10 hours I FINALLY got a ticket about 5:00 pm yesterday. Long story short we didn't know our PIN number for our sky miles. Jim hasn't used it in years because the travel lady at Saint Gobain always had to make his reservations. Well, Jim always uses the same password whenever he needs one....so we were flumexed to say the least and I was so upset because I wanted to go be with sister, Lori, when she has the other half of her thyroid out....mostly for some moral support as she goes through testing (so far the tests she has done shows there are no cancer cells elsewhere!) and to watch the kids (Hannah and Paulie) so Joe can go back to work Thurs. and Friday.

Anyway, come to find out Jim did know the PIN and there was something wrong with the system on Sunday!!!!!! Can you believe that!!????? They kept telling us that when you use the wrong pin it will shut you out and then they send you a new one in 14 days or some dumb thing. Well, that was not going to work obviously. My parents could have driven out there for a few days, but they just had their whole backyard graded and seeded so they sorta need to be there to water the grass ....also the people who board Baily the lab were full.
We will always be thankful for the young man who got us through yesterday afternoon. We just kept calling until we found someone who understood "the system". Jim wondered if it was a ploy to keep people from using sky miles due to the cost of gas. We are always looking for a conspiracy...hahaha...but you never know these days.

Joe and Lori were relieved last night when they received a letter from her wonderful doctor. He has really been good to her taking over twice the time to do the surgery so as not to damage her vocal chords. She told him she didn't garden, knit, and she barely read but she what she does is sing in a praise band. Joe is the drummer and they are busy all the time with practice and traveling to this and that "gig". (They have a coffee house they play at called the "Holy Grounds"....don't ja just love that!?) I kept thinking of their years in college when they were playing rock music and wouldn't the devil just love messing up their new found passion.... Please pray there is no nerve damage during this second surgery!


I have not been there since 2003 and they have done some renovations.... added a couple rooms and I a excited to see these changes also. I know Paulie will have some new computer games to TRY and teach his auntie Deb. (sounds like that woman on the tv show The Nanny.) Hannah will be 13 in a week and I am anxious to see this teenager! She is the age of "my people" at school and it will be interesting to see if NJ Junior High Students act like LA Junior High Students.
Well, I need to get busy.....I won't need to take much, but I have a lot of stuff to do to get ready for the PA trip. I will get home on Tues. and need to get ready for that! I will be taking some stuff to the safety deposit box at that bank today and refilling perscriptions....picking up some gifts and cleaning. Jim and Sophie will be holding down the fort and hopefully not miss me too much. I am going to sure miss them. Since Jim has been home non stop since Jan. I think it will be strange not to see him every day....and I will miss my fuzzy puppy who loves to snuggle. She is a lot of fun and I wish I could take her along to see the kids. They would crack up when she blitzes! We do! Next post will be from the beautiful garden state.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Your a wonderful & sweet Big Sis! Enjoy your time & maybe it will be a little cooler than it is here!

Anonymous said...

hi aunt debbie i just scaned through your whole blog. o by the way this is hannah and i just wanted to say that thank you fro coming down and helping my mom your were a big help
and also for bringing me and paulie to the movies and almost getting lost on the drive home. that was fun lets do it again! haha! just kidding. Well hope to see you again that was a good time we had together then!

(P.S.-my toe is much better since that friday i got it fixed. it looks way better!)