Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday in the mountains....

Jim and I started this morning out at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church. (as seen in above painting). This is my second Sunday at an Episcopal Church. It was a great homilee this am by Father John (John Wesley...cool name huh!?) He was talking about the collect (call ect ) the foundation of the church being the apostles and the prophets with Jesus being the cornerstone. He explained it in a way I had not thought about the weaving together the strength of prophecy coupled with the proclaimations of the apostles. What a firm foundation indeed!
We had communion.....I also had communion two Sundays in a row. That is rare for me as communion is fairly infrequent for me.

This the church I grew in....when I took this picture I noticed the vacancy in the second pew. Mrs. Binder who occupied that pew for over 50 years passed away two weeks ago. My whole life she was there...such a lovely lady. She made me clothes when my father died and it was so sad to me this am not to see Marie there. Time is marching on and it is painful as we see the inevitable result of the passing of time.
Below....This is Cassie and Jake and their darlin' Laurel. They have been married three years now. I remember when Cassie was born and it was such an exciting event. Cassie was the cutest baby...who looked just like her Mama, Lorna a good friend. Lorna and I are the same age. We graduated the same year from neighboring high schools. Lorna was a super star in our area.....lead vocalist of a singing group, The Swinging 70's. She lives in Atlanta and Cassie and her family are in California. Laurel will be three about Christmas time. She is just precious and it was great to finally meet her....and her daddy.


Chuck, Mom, Lorna's son, Justin, (he has gotten so handsome), Lorna, Deb, Sophie and long time frined, Marlene.....
who was Cassie's first baby sitter many moons ago. Cassie was too little to remember Marlene, but was happy to meet her....finally. Cassie and Laurel are in the front. Jake was taking our pics. I had never met him before and he was just great...an attentive Daddy who changes dieapers and everything!





Lorna laughing.....I love to hear Lorna laugh. She has a contagious laugh. It was wonderful to see her again.




4 comments:

JoAnn said...

It was so great to see all of them. Am glad you were here to see them.

Anonymous said...

Neat painting.
Is that a Lamenin tree behind the church?

Just say Julie said...

We missed you at the peach fest. I stopped by Randi's booth... such cute stuff! I told her I would probably order some stuff for Christmas gifts. Looks like you are having a wonderful time.

Deb said...

David, I figured you were the cow guy....NO that is Not a Lamenin tree!! URGH!! Trying to figure out this MAC is almost as frustrating as you!

Julie, glad you saw Randi and her wares. I am so sad I didn't get to go, but we had to get home so Jim's sis could go on vacation with her daughter and family. She takes care of Jim's Dad all year and diserves a break!!