Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nama and Papa enter the 21st Century

Sister, Marsh and Dad a couple of years ago.



(A pic of "the Rents" with oldest grandchild and faithful dog, Drake...almost 20 years ago!)



As I bat out this post, older sibling, Marcia...aka Marsh....is setting up a cable email acct. for "the rents" and giving them a MAC laptop....and a WiFi!!! How fun is that!? THANK YOU, MARCIA!!!

I am so excited for them because now I can send them videos. Web TV wouldn't accomodate those. They can also view things on the Internet they couldn't view before....like the "Laminin Clip" I sent out. For the last 6 years (or longer) they have had a web TV. Web TV is great, but it just can't do what a computer does. The key boards were always having to be replaced and we could never send videos. They also couldn't save pictures on a hard drive or just have the ease of using the Internet like you can on a computer. I have no doubt that if they can figure out that darn WebTv thingie they will be able to use this lap top. I do suggest they start out slowly and master one skill at a time. I know what it is like to be overwhelmed with info and instructions so one step at a time and before you know it they will be able to do pretty much what we all do with our puters. I know there will be frustrating moments and I am praying neighbor, Squeek, will be able to help with any real emergencies....although it is a MAC and I am not sure they are quite the same as a PC. We shall see....so anyway I am praying this all goes smoothly. I love having a lap top with WiFi so you can go any place in the house and use the puter and also even watch TV at the same time. Yes, WiFi is a dream come true for all multitaskers. I can be looking for info on the net, playing cards, and watching a movie at all the same time!


And now for something totally unrelated....Hillary Clinton is getting ready to step down. It is hard for me to believe it....and I am sure it is for her, too. The Clintons can't remember the last time they lost so I imagine she is in shock. I am not a big Hillary fan although through the years her stamina has been inspirational. There is no doubt we have not seen the last of Hillary when it comes to vieing for the presidency. I do think she was probably the better choice for the Dems as she has far more experience just because she was co-pres. with Billie-Jeff. I am not sure about all this "change" Obama talks about all the time. While there are things that need to be changed, I am not sure change for change sake is a good thing....plus what change is he talking about?! I think he is mainly just saying he wants whatever the opposite of what Bush or the Republicans want. He sure is not real specific that is for sure! Hang on folks.....it is going to get crazy.


I am on the phone with sister, Julie. She is telling me about painting some furniture for her daughter, Maura to take back to college. A friend of hers was throwing them out for the garbage man to take. She and I are cut out of the same cloth. I don't like to think of us as cheap skates, but thrifty and ready to recycle when ever we get the chance!

Here is the link to the "Laminin video"...please check it out:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=152b5103d741aca61093

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth , visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things HOLD TOGETHER. " Colossians 1:15-17

No comments: